What is Recycle My Mattress?
We are a not-for-profit industry partnership that works with supply chain, manufacturers, retailers and recyclers to move towards a circular economy for mattresses and improve the environmental and social outcomes of the bedding industry.
The ABSC partners with key organisations to make lasting, sustainable changes to the mattress production, purchase and recycling life cycle.
Mattresses cause signiﬁcant issues in landﬁll
- They take up valuable space
- They break down slowly
- They cause problems with subsidence and equipment entanglement
- Landfill means burying non-renewable resources.
- There is also the problem of illegal dumping.
All this leads to unsafe landﬁlls, unsightly kerbsides and unnecessary carbon emissions.
Recycle My Mattress can help you
You can make a difference to this issue through Recycle My Mattress:
How does Recycle My Mattress work?
At Recycle My Mattress, we are working on solutions that make recycling easy for consumers, so they can share the responsibility for their used mattress.
- We work with supply chain and manufacturers to utilise inputs that work towards a circular economy for mattresses and bedding.
- We engage with retailers to encourage recycling at the time of purchase.
- Finally, we work with mattress recyclers to maximise diversion outcomes, research new recycling opportunities and create sustainable jobs.